What is the Foster Care Navigator Program (FCNP)?
The Foster Care Navigator Program (FCNP) is made up of a dedicated team of individuals throughout the state of Michigan, committed to providing information, resources, and support to all current and prospective foster families.
What is a Foster Care Navigator?
Foster Care Navigators are experienced foster parents who are ready to support you through each step of becoming a licensed foster parent!
Our staff of Navigators work in tandem with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and private agencies to support the continuing growth of Michigan’s foster parent population. We work to empower, educate and advocate for all individuals who wish to become or continue as foster parents.
Foster Care Navigator services are delivered using a strength based and solution focused model.
Why choose a Foster Care Navigator?
Whether you have been a foster parent for several years or are just inquiring about becoming a foster parent for the first time, the benefits of having a Navigator are invaluable.
As members of the fostering community themselves, Foster Care Navigators have a unique skills set designed to assist current and prospective foster parents by providing the following services:
- Making the licensure process more manageable by navigating it with you
- Working with you to find solutions to any barriers that may be holding up or preventing the licensure process
- Providing emotional and concrete support to address any challenges you may face while on the path to becoming a foster parent
- At times, acting as a liaison between you and your licensing agency
- Helping you discover resources that exist within your community
- Connecting you with support groups in your area
- Serving as a continuing source of information and support even after your licensure is complete
But it doesn't stop there! Our Navigators are here for YOU, so the services you receive will be catered to the needs of your family.