Mental Health Resources
Mental health services in Michigan are coordinated through local Community Mental Health (CMH) Services Programs. To access a list of contact information for your local program, click HERE (This will redirect you to the MDHHS website).
Community Mental Health has access to Medicaid paid benefits that other mental health providers do not, such as higher or unlimited appointments, respite services, and other specialized programs including:
- Mental health services for adults and children
- Individual and group therapy
- Referrals to other agencies for services
Community Mental Health priority populations are:
- Persons with serious mental illness, serious emotional disturbance (SED), intellectual/developmental disability or addictive disorders
- Persons with Medicaid
- Persons who meet the qualifications above that are under insured
Must meet medical necessity criteria outlined in the Medicaid Provider Manual
Community Mental Health services that can support child welfare youth:
- Waiver for children with SED
- Wraparound or case management services
- Intensive crisis stabilization services for children – see local CMH website for phone numbers.