Once you've considered which agencies you're interested in it's time to schedule your orientation! We recommend attending an orientation with multiple agencies in order to choose the one that is the best fit for your family.
At an orientation you can expect to watch a video or presentation on the agency and their licensure process and paperwork you'll need. You'll also have the opportunity to ask more questions!
- Questions to ask the agency at Orientation
- What are my steps of the process after orientation?
- Is there an application deadline?
- What can I expect as a timeline of the process?
- Does the agency offer transportation?
- Where do visitations take place?
- What activities does the agency offer throughout the year?
- Will my licensing worker always be my worker?
- Does the agency offer support groups to its foster families?
- What is the chain of command on the agency side?
- Feel free to ask any additional questions you may have!
- If you have more specific questions that you're uncomfortable asking in the group setting, get contact information for the licensing worker to reach out to them later.